Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls

This is a recipe that my mother gave me several years ago that I have modified to gf. The PB&C balls taste quite a bit like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. This isn't what I'd call a healthy recipe, but I do make this once in awhile as a special treat for the family. My son asks for these at Halloween since he cannot eat the candy from trick or treating.

Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Balls

1 stick butter
1 lb powdered sugar (Zulka brand pure cane sugar-ground in a coffee grinder)
2 C peanut butter (Justins' Nut Butter brand)
1/2 tsp vanilla (Singing Dog Brand - I buy mine at iHerb.com)
12 oz chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
1/2 stick paraffin

Mix all ingredients except the chocolate and paraffin. Chill the mixed ingredients in refrigerator until its firm enough to roll into balls. Melt chocolate chips. In a separate pan melt the paraffin. When they are both melted, stir together mixing well. Keep on low heat so that the chocolate can be dipped into. Dip the peanut butter balls into chocolate with toothpicks. Dry on wax paper. Store in refrigerator.

No comments: